How we set up a new grand piano out of the box!
Here are the steps of how we open and properly set up a new grand piano! The grand piano pictured here is a new Steinway & Sons model M 5’7″ grand piano
- We inspect the crate to make sure there are no abnormalties or shifts caused by shipping – we then cut open up the crate (cardboard, with wooden frame).
- Once the crate is opened, we then see the silouette of the grand piano on its side in a climate controlled, sealed bag. We open up the bag and see the underside of the piano.
- We attach 2 of the grand piano legs; the back, and the treble (right) side of the piano.
- We then tip the grand piano downward so that the back leg wheel touches the ground and proceed until the treble leg hits ground.
- We lift the bass side (left) of the piano to fit the third and final leg. Now we have the familiar grand piano shape set up.
- The piano is now on three legs and allows us to now install the piano pedal lyre.
- We remove all protective packaging, clean and polish the instrument and further inspect to insure the piano is in perfect condition.
- We unlock the action, so that the keys are able to move – the are locked during transportation as to prevent damage.